Northwest Tool & Manufacturing Company Inc
Do you have experience in machine shop scheduling?
Are you an innovative thinker with great planning and problem solving skills?
Are you looking for a team environment with the opportunity to grow?
If so, Northwest Tool & Manufacturing might be the place for you.
We are hiring for a Master Scheduler. Our Master Scheduler is responsible for managing our shop schedule in order to manufacture products efficiently and ensure we meet the requests of our customers. This job is full time, running Monday-Friday 7:00am - 4:30pm.
What We Want From You
What You'll Like About Us
- Develop and maintain accurate schedule using the JobBOSS Scheduling Software.
- Monitor the master schedule daily to ensure it continually meets customer service goals, production efficiency and capacity objectives;
- Coordinate with the sales/estimating team, procurement, Quality Control, and floor supervisors to provide timely and accurate information on product availability, schedule changes, general inquiries, and recommend adjustments to the appropriate departments;
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks to maximize efficiency and productivity;
- Route jobs to the appropriate work centers by understanding the necessary steps in the production of that part;
- Understand experience and ability levels of individual machinists in order to plan and deliver work assignments accordingly;
- Assess hiring needs and plan work according to complexity and urgency of jobs;
- Determine daily shipping requirements;
- Communicate with our customers to deliver outstanding customer service, accurate lead times, and meet scheduled promise dates;
- Lead the efforts to mitigate issues related to scheduling, including machine/work assignments, training needs, overtime planning, and scheduling software concerns;
- Improve the company’s On-Time Delivery (OTD) performance;
- Monitor and update actual vs. quoted times to identify areas for process improvements, employee efficiency concerns, or adjustments to pricing;
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Competitive base salary
- Team based environment
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Health benefits
- Flexible personal time off
What You'll Need
- Experience in Manufacturing, Project Management, Engineering, or Scheduling;
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in machining or manufacturing;
- Proficient in shop blueprint reading and comprehension;
- Strong data access/retrieval skills with experience in data analysis and data manipulation using ERP systems and other software;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and customer service skills;
- Good time management when multi-tasking;
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, ability to change approach/method to best fit the situation.
- Experience in project management, scheduling, or continuous improvement
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook);
- Experience in ERP/MRP/Scheduling Software (JobBOSS or similar software preferred.)
- Experience in a precision machine shop environment is a plus;
- Knowledge in project estimation and quality assurance a plus.
Visit our webiste or email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.